published release of the distribution kit ” Alt Workstation K 10 “, supplied with a graphical environment based on KDE Plasma, has been Boot images prepared for x86_64 architecture ( HTTP , Yandex Mirror , Distrib Coffee , Infania Networks ). The operating system is included in the Unified Register of Russian Programs and will satisfy the requirements for the transition to infrastructure running domestic operating systems. The build based on KDE was the final one in updating the entire line of Alt distributions to the tenth branch of the platform. In December 2021, the distribution “Alt Server” , “Workstation” , “Education” , Simply Linux , “Virtualization Server” were released .
An important feature is the ability to boot from the Alt Workstation K disk in Live mode. Like other operating systems from the Alt OS family, the distribution is equipped with the Alterator graphical interface for system configuration, which allows you to manage users and groups, view system logs, add printers, configure the network, and much more. The system successfully works in the Active Directory domain. Support for applying group policies is implemented using the Samba 4.14 server. Alt Workstation K 10 contains all the tools for performing office tasks – a web browser, an office suite of text editors and spreadsheets, as well as players and editors for sound and video.
Main innovations and features:
- The distribution kit contains packages of current versions for the system environment based on the Linux 5.15 kernel , Glibc 2.32, the GCC 10.3 compiler set, systemd 249.9.
- Support for 12th generation Intel Alder Lake processors.
- Added support for seamless system boot.
- Now you can take a screenshot when installing the system.
- Added additional drivers for OKI, Brother printers and Epson scanners.
- The structure includes the Linphone program – a cross-platform software client for IP-telephony in the SIP standard with an open source code distributed under the GNU GPL license. The Linphone program is intended for organizing audio and video calls, as well as exchanging text messages over the Internet.
- Added support IoT Snap apps for desktop, cloud, and To install packages in the Flatpak format, the Flathub repository is connected by default.
- Implemented a safe system update mode, in which the system will update packages during a reboot.
- Instead of apt-indicator, plasma5-discover-packagekit appeared.
- To work on the Web, the Chromium browser was assembled with support for the Chromium-gost 97 encryption algorithm and the Thunderbird 91 mail client.
- NetworkManager 1.32 is used to manage network settings.
- Compatibility with means of the electronic digital signature (EDS) – Rutoken, JaCarta and ISBC is provided. Working with EDS keys is possible right out of the box, including support for two-factor authorization along with tokens. Also, Russian root encryption certificates .
- The office toolkit included the LibreOffice 7 package for editing texts, tables and presentations, the Okular 21.12 document viewer and the built-in QStarDict 1.3 dictionary. Many will appreciate the built-in utility for text recognition gImageReader 3.3. Navigation is done using the Dolphin 21 file manager. The classic set of applications for working with video and sound files, complex graphics and animation, now uses the Krita 5.0 graphics editor, which replaced GIMP, by default.
- The distribution supports 3D and OpenCL hardware acceleration tools with proprietary NVIDIA video card drivers.
- On systems with UEFI , the launch of the installer has been improved; special attention is paid to problematic UEFI specifications. For the X11 graphics subsystem, a hang was fixed in cases where the host name was changed.
Individuals, including individual entrepreneurs, can freely use the downloaded version. Commercial and government organizations can download and test the distribution. For permanent work with “Alt Virtualization Server” in the corporate infrastructure, legal entities need to purchase licenses or conclude license agreements in writing.
Users of Viola distributions built on Platform 9 (p9) can update the system from the p10 branch of the Sisyphus repository. For new corporate users, it is possible to obtain test versions, and private users are traditionally offered to download the required version of the Alt OS for free from the Basalt SPO website or from the new getalt.ru . Developers are invited to take part in improving the Sisyphus