Published release of lightweight Live-distribution AntiX 21 , optimized for installation on outdated hardware. The release is based on the Debian 11 package base, but comes without the systemd system manager and with eudev instead of udev. You can choose to use runit or sysvinit for initialization. The default user environment is created using the IceWM window manager. ZzzFM and ROX-Filer are available to work with files.
The distribution is available in four editions: Full, Base, Core and Net:
- antiX-full ( antiX-21_x64-full.iso 1.4GB ): 4 window managers – IceWM (default), fluxbox, jwm and herbstluftwm plus the full LibreOffice package. The x86_64 assemblies come with 2 Linux kernels – 4.9 and 5.10.
- antiX-base ( antiX-21_x64-base.iso 774MB – to fit on 800MB CD): 4 window managers – IceWM (default), fluxbox, jwm and herbstluftwm.
- antiX-core ( antiX-21_x64-core.iso 437MB ) – no X, cli-installer no encryption, but should support most wireless networks.
- antiX-net ( antiX- 21-net_x64-net.iso 176MB ) – without X, cli-installer without encryption. An internet connection is enough for trained users.
The new release includes Linux kernels 4.9.0-279 with fbcondecor splash and 5.10.57 (x64 full only), LibreOffice 7.0.4-4, Firefox-esr 78.14.0esr-1 in antiX-full, Seamonkey 2.53. 9.1 in antiX-base, Claws-mail 3.17.8-1, CUPS for print, XMMS for listening to music, Celluloid and mpv for playing videos, SMTube for playing YouTube videos without a browser, Streamlight-antix for streaming videos with very low RAM usage, Qpdfview is a PDF reader.
Other innovations in the release include:
- File manager SpaceFM replaced with zzzFM ;
- Slim login manager replaced with slimski;
- mps-youtube replaced with ytfzf ;
- The service manager runit is used (only for the version with runit);
- Added application installer App Select;
- Added an interface for configuring icons in the IceWM panel.
Proprietary applications available in the repositories:
- 1-to-1-voice-antix – encrypted voice chat between two PCs
- 1-to-1-aid-antix – remote assistant
- ssh-pipeline – remote access via encrypted ssh connection