Tails 5.0 Most Secure Linux Released, The release of a specialized distribution kit Tails 5.0 (The Amnesic Incognito Live System), based on the Debian package base and designed to provide anonymous access to the network, has been formed. Anonymous exit to Tails is provided by the Tor system. All connections, except traffic through the Tor network, are blocked by default by the packet filter. Encryption is used to store user data in the save user data between runs mode. Prepared for download iso image has been, capable of working in live mode, 1 GB in size.
What’s new in Tails 5.0 release:
- Switched to the Debian 11 (Bullseye) package base.
- The user environment has been updated to GNOME 3.38 (previously used release 3.30). Provided the ability to use overview mode to access windows and applications.
- The OpenPGP applet and key and password management utility have been replaced by the Kleopatra developed by the KDE project.
- By default, the option to automatically install user-selected additional software (Additional Software) when Tails starts is enabled. Packages with additional programs are stored in an area of the drive designed for permanent storage of user data (Persistent Storage).
- Updated software versions: Tor Browser 11.0.11, MAT 0.12 (with support for cleaning metadata from SVG, WAV, EPUB, PPM and MS Office files), Audacity 2.4.2, Disk Utility 3.38, GIMP 2.10.22, Inkscape 1.0 and LibreOffice 7.0.