GIMP 2.10.28 Graphic Editor Release Download and Install on Linux, The corrective release of the graphic editor GIMP 2.10.28 has taken place. The previous release 2.10.26 was skipped, because after marking the version, an error was found in the build system. GIMP 2.10.28 completely repeats version 2.10.26, but contains a bug fix.
What’s new in GIMP 2.10.28 Graphic editor
- Various fixes and improvements have been made for the following plugins: C-source, DICOM, GIF, PS, Sunras, BMP, DDS, PSD, TIFF, Gimpressionist, Metadata Viewer and script-fu.
- A new function added for the Script-Fu component (dir-make) has been , which allows creating directories.
- Fixed some issues related to the theme. Improved feedback when hovering over objects, corrected colors.
- Various bug fixes have been added for the Windows version of GIMP.
- Various fixes have been made to improve performance on macOS Big Sur.
- The Dashboard dialog, which displays computer resource usage, now supports displaying memory usage information when running on OpenBSD. Dashboard Dialogue
DOWNLOAD GIMP 2.10.28
|Date of release:||September 18, 2021|
|Previous release:||2.10.24 from March 29, 2021 ( download old release )|
Install GIMP 2.10.28 in Linux :
Installation via Flatpak
flatpak install flathub org.gimp.GIMP
flatpak run org.gimp.GIMP
Installation via Snap
sudo snap install gimp
Installing on Ubuntu (LinuxMint)
sudo apt install gimp
Installation on ArchLinux (Manjaro)
sudo pacman -S gimp
Installing on Fedora
sudo dnf install gimp
Installing in openSuse
sudo zypper install gimp
Installing on Gentoo
sudo emerge -a media-gfx/gimp