An experimental branch of the open implementation of WinAPI – Wine 6.19 has been released . Since the release of version 6.18 , 22 bug reports have been closed and 520 changes have been made.
The most important changes:
- IPHlpApi, NsiProxy, WineDbg and some other modules have been converted to PE (Portable Executable) format.
- The development of the backend for joysticks supporting the HID (Human Interface Devices) protocol is continued.
- The kernel related parts of GDI have been moved to the Win32u library.
- Additional work has been done to support the debug format DWARF 3/4.
- Closed bug reports related to games: Control Ultimate Edition, A Plague Tale: Innocence, Levelhead, FreeOrion, Darksiders Warmastered Edition, Simucube 2 TrueDrive, Mass Effect Legendary, SimHub, Fanaleds, Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales.
- Closed error reports related to the operation of applications: Corel Painter 12, Open Metronome, IEC 61850 v2.02, PureBasic x64 IDE, TP-Link PLC 2.2, MikuMikuMoving.
Additionally, we can note the formation of the release of the project Wine Staging 6.19 , within which extended Wine assemblies are formed, including incompletely finished or risky patches that are not yet suitable for adoption into the main Wine branch. Compared to Wine, Wine Staging provides 627 additional patches. The new release provides synchronization with the Wine 6.19 codebase. 3 patches related to SPSTREAMFORMAT support, the ability to use buffers up to 4K in wininet and setting the size for the content of HTTP responses with a 403 code have been translated into the main Wine composition. The updated patch has been sapi-iteration-tokens .
Leave a Reply